What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small text files that are stored on your computer or your mobile device via a web browser, retaining only information related to your preferences, therefore not including your personal data.
The placement of cookies will help the website to recognize your device the next time you’ll visit it.
We use the term cookies in this policy to refer to all files that collect information this way.
Cookies that are used do not collect information that identifies the user. Cookies collect generic information including how users come and use websites or the country’s area through which they access the website, etc.
Cookies only retain information related to your preferences. The user, through the browser and at any time, can decide to be notified of receiving cookies and to block their entry into the system.
What the purpose of cookies?
Cookies are used to assist in determining the usefulness, the interest and how visited websites are, allowing a faster and more efficient navigation, eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
What kind of cookies do we use?
Our cookies have different functions:
- Essential cookies – Allow navigation on the website and the use of its applications as well as access to safe areas of the website. Without these cookies, the required services cannot be provided. Some cookies are essential to access specific areas of our website.
- Analytical cookies – These cookies are used to analyze how websites are used and to monitor their performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience to customize our offer and quickly identify and fix any problems that may arise. For example, we use performance cookies to find out what are the most popular pages, which method of linking pages is more effective, or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. These cookies are only used for rearing and statistical analysis, never collecting personal information.
- Functionality cookies – Store user preferences regarding how the website is used so it is not necessary to set up the website each time it is visited.
- Third-party cookies – Measure the success of applications and the efficacy of a third party advertisement. They may also be used in order to customize a widget with the user data.
Cookies can be
Persistent cookies – They get stored for variable time to the browser level, in its access devices – PC, mobile, tablet – and are used whenever the user makes a visit to the new website. They are generally used to target navigation according to the user interests, enabling us to provide a more personalized service.
Session cookies – They are temporary and remain on the browser cookies until you leave the website. The information collected allows us to identify problems and to provide a better browsing experience.
How to manage cookies?
As explained cookies help you to get the most out of our websites.
All browsers allow the user to accept, decline or delete cookies, namely by selecting the appropriate settings on the browser.
Cookies settings in Internet Explorer – Disable cookies
- Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Internet Options”;
- Select the “Privacy” tab;
- Move the bar to the top where will emerge “Block all cookies”.
Note: There are several levels of activation and deactivation of cookies in Internet Explorer. For more information on cookies settings in Internet Explorer, see the following Microsoft page:
Cookies settings in Mozilla Firefox – Disable cookies
- Click on the “Tools” menu;
- Select “Options”;
- Click the “Privacy” icon that is on the top panel;
- In the “Cookies” section disable “Accept cookies from sites”;
- Click “OK” to save changes and close.
Note: There are several levels of activation and deactivation of cookies in Mozilla Firefox. For more information on cookies settings in Mozilla Firefox, see:
Cookies settings in Chrome – Disable cookies
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select “Settings”.
- Click “Show advanced settings.
- Choose “Content settings” in the “Privacy” section.
- Select the “Block definition of data by websites” option.
You can change the following cookies settings in the “Cookies” section:
- Delete cookies;
- Block cookies by default;
- Allow cookies by default;
- Keep cookies and website data by default until exit the Internet browser;
- Create exceptions for cookies from specific websites or domains.
Note: There are several levels of activation and deactivation of cookies on Google Chrome. For more information on cookies settings in Google Chrome, see the following page:
Cookies settings in Safari Web and IOS – Disable cookies
- Click on “Edit”.
- Select “Preferences”.
- On the top panel select the “Privacy” icon.
- In the section “Accept cookies” select “Never”.
Note: There are several levels of activation and deactivation of cookies in Safari. For more information on cookies settings in Safari, see the following page:
Please, search on the “Help” menu of your browser or contact the browser’s supplier.
NOTE: We remind you that by disabling cookies, parts of our website may not function correctly.
For more information about cookies and their use, we suggest you to consult the following link (English version):